Mindfulness Teacher Training in the U.S. - FAQs
Following the teacher training, clinicians will be better able to:
1) Incorporate mindfulness meditation and its related disciplines in ways useful for clients;
2) Demonstrate methodology and tools for embodying mindfulness while facilitating others;
3) Apply the principles of equanimity and compassion for meeting stress, pain and burnout with kindness and wisdom;
4) Describe how habitual reactions lead to chronic stress;
5) Describe how mindfulness will help interactions and communications with patients, colleagues, and clients;
6) Describe basic group facilitation concerns and incorporate mindfulness based solutions when working with clients;
7) Apply mindfulness principles and practices to working with others in a clinical setting and other environments; and
8) Practice teaching, giving, and receiving feedback for basic introductory mindfulness meditations.
CEs for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center which is co-sponsoring this program. Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for theprogram and its content. SCRC is a California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP10318) for licensed nurses in California through the cosponsorship of the Institute of Noetic Sciences. California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs and MFTs for programs from approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association.
The price for the 2018-9 US training has not been set.